Sunday, January 6, 2008

Initial Creation

I decided to create a blog on blogspot to document my developments as I encounter them. This way, in case someone else decides to do what I have done on their own, this might answer some questions for them.

What am I doing?

In short: Creating a domain.

In long: Creating a domain inside my home with the basis of exploring Active Directory, File & Print Sharing, User Account creation and control, eventually an e-mail and web server, as well as looking at the possibilities for binding not only Windows computers, but Linux and Mac operating systems, and the trials that will ensue.

This may also document some of the more interesting finds I've come across at my own place of work. I'm a System Administrator for a University.

This ends the original post.

No comments: